Saturday, November 6, 2010

Stuffed

Here's my taxidermy story. I had a really fun time going out and talking to this guy. He's super interesting.

CORNELIUS -- Brian Snyder's phone rings off the hook. People ask: When will my deer be ready? (Next year.) When's the best time to hunt? (Dry days.) Why can't I get a kill? (You just have to put in the time.)

People knock on his door, too. "'Scuse me," Snyder tells one customer. "Let me get that skull for you."

Snyder, 44, is a taxidermist -- one of the best in the state, according to online hunting forums. This time of year -- smack dab in the middle of deer season -- is his busiest time. But don't let all the phone calls and door knocks fool you. This is the worst deer season Snyder has seen in 20 years.


Read the rest on Oregonlive.com

No comments: