Thursday, November 11, 2010

@the Ace

For the last assignment in my photography class, we're supposed to take a bunch of pictures this week (ideally 360 a day!) of life in 2010. After class, I made a list of places in Portland I wanted to go. First up was the Ace Hotel. I kept trying to be surreptitious, which does not make the best pictures. I just don't know if I have the guts to be one of those 50's-era photographers who just walk right up to people and take their photos. And I'm too nervous to ask a person in a coffee shop if I can take their photo. So here is what I came up with:


Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel

Ace Hotel

1 comment:

amanda allen said...

mmmm the ACE is so dreamy. I had assignment in school where we had to approach an interesting stranger and take a series of photos of them. It was really hard for me, but I did persuade the handsome bearded man that worked at the comic book/record store down the street from my house.