Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Charles in Charge

Photobucket

When my brother and I were in high school, we called each other Charles. We started doing it after we saw that movie the Ice Storm. There were siblings in there who called each other Charles. Later, I called him teensy and he called me weency. Now it's TNC and WNC-IA. I miss him a whole lot.

He's thinking about moving to the West Coast one day. I am still searching for a home, though I'm sure I'll be in Portland for a while because of my job. If he came here, though, I really could start building a home. I really want a life that is near him. I also want a life that includes a good paper and good stories. That said, I have an idea for a story that I am totally excited about. I'm going to keep it to myself for now, just in case it doesn't work out.

Today at lunch, I met this 11-year-old named Jason who told me, "I know you things you probably don't." Like how the Universe was made (Big Bang) or what is floating above my head (that one he couldn't explain. "I see things other people don't. My imagination just grows and grows.") Then he gave me a tootsie roll.