Friday, December 31, 2010

Other favorites

I spent so much time working on my favorite songs that I never really made it around to making other lists. So here, on a whim, are other favorites of the year.

Album: The National - High Violet (Runners-up are Drake's Thank Me Later, Beach House - Teen Dream, LCD Soundsystem - This is It, Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot ..., Sleigh Bells - Treat, Best Coast - Crazy for You)

Movie: Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work (Runners-up: A Single Man, Winnebago Man, Catfish, Exit through the Gift shop, Inception)

Book: Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann (It came out in 2009, but I read it this year) (Runners-up Patti Smith's Just Kids, Tom Rachman's The Imperfectionists)

Concert: Wild Flag

Moment: the first time I held my nephew

Vacation: Orcas Island with Ev

Coffee bean: Extracto's Sumatra Permati

This year, of course, wouldn't have been so wonderful without visits from Amanda and Neola or without Saturdays with Ryan, so thanks you guys for being so wonderful. I love you!

1 comment:

amanda allen said...

High Violet, A Single Man, and Casey are on the top of my 2010 list!