Monday, August 24, 2009
My stuff: Flannery
1. keyboard - I bought it at a garage sale for $5. The middle keys don't work, but I saw the same model in a store for $130. It's the same one They Might Be Giants use. You can really make some cool sounds with it.
2. shirt - This is my best find at Goodwill. It has no sentimental value. It's just really soft. And it's Osh Kosh.
3. banjo jams book - My pen pal made this for me. I write all my songs in it.
4. poster - I've had it for three years. It's hand-screen-printed, so it was limited. It was a good show. Plasmic Stallion was the best band. They were more punk than anyone.
5. THE - My pen pal sent this to me, too, as a housewarming present when I moved out of my parents' house. There was nothing else in the package, but it was heavy as shit.
6. guitar - I got it after years of wanting my own guitar. I had just been using my bandmate's. I didn't want to rush anything, so I waited a long time. But friend offered to sell this one to me, and it took only 15 minutes to decide. It has been the best guitar.
7. bike - This is the same as the guitar; I didn't want to rush. I was close to buying a lot of other bikes, but then I bought this one on Craigslist for $150 in Tacoma, Wash. It's my favorite color, and it fit.
8. box of polaroids - I actually organized these by date once.
9. holga - I've taken a lot of nice photos with it. It's seen a lot of use. I mean, it's really old. I got it from my aunt, who used it in college.
10. stapler - It has no purpose but to look nice. Plus, it matches my bike. It caught my eye at Goodwill, and I thought, 'This is love.'