Friday, December 18, 2015

Then we came to the end

After eight years of sharing stories, photos and videos here, I have decided to close the blog. I started Seconds and Decades in a different generation of journalism. I was in my mid-20s with nothing but time. These days, every minute is spoken for. I started because I wanted to be better, because I wanted to produce work that was meaningful to me. Back then, I was deep in small town city council coverage. These days, I am writing the stories that matter to me. Work can be a tough slog, but it's fulfilling.

Thanks to all who let me photograph their things or video them talking about chin hair, baking or coming home from war. I have a new website now! It's light on bloggage, but I'll be posting my favorite songs and albums there soon. Check it out.


website

No comments: