Thursday, January 1, 2015

Best songs of 2014

This is no music critic's list, no higher thought allotted into the making of it. I picked the songs I liked best, the ones I played more than others. You might find some embarrassing (Yes, Coldplay and Nick Jonas), but when I look back on this year, this will be what I played and played. Some are stand-ins for others (Like I nearly always listened to Taylor Swift, Too Many Zooz, St. Paul & The Broken Bones, Sinkane, Beyonce as albums. And some have deplorable lyrics ("Try Me"), but this is what was in my headphones as I rode the bus home.


1. Spoon - "Inside Out"

2. I LOVE MAKONNEN f/ Drake - "Tuesday"

3. Beyoncé - "Drunk In Love" (See: nearly any other song on this album. This was just the most ubiquitous)

4. Coldplay - "Magic"

5. FKA Twigs - "Two Weeks"

6. Future Islands - "Seasons (Waiting on You)"

7. The War on Drugs - "Red Eyes"

8. Sharon Van Etten - "Your Love is Killing Me"

9. Taylor Swift - "Out of the Woods"

10. Sinkane - "Mean Love"

11. Too Many Zooz - "To The Top" / "F.W.S."

12. Rae Sremmurd - "No Flex Zone"

13. Todd Terje f/ Bryan Ferry - "Johnny and Mary"

14. Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment - "Sunday Candy"

15. Vic Mensa - "Down On My Luck"

16. Jamie XX - "Sleep Sound"

17. Rick Ross - "Sanctified"

18. White Sea - "They Don't Know"

19. Beyoncé - "Mine"

20. Boots f/ Beyonce - "Dreams"

21. Sinkane - "Young Trouble"

22. Rae Sremmurd - "No Type"

23. Beck - "Blue Moon"

24. Bleachers f/ Grimes - "Take Me Away"

25. How to Dress Well - "Words I Don't Remember"

26. JJ - "All White Everything"

27. Ages and Ages - "Calamity is Overrated"

28. Ought - "Today More Than Any Other Day"

29. Party Next Door - "West District"

30. Dej Loaf - "Try Me"

31. Mac DeMarco - "Brother"

32. J. Cole - "G.O.M.D."

33. Darkside - "Gone Too Soon"

34. Angel Olsen - "Hi-Five"

35. Childish Gambino - "Sober"

36. Grimes - "Go"

37. Nick Jonas - "Jealous"

38. St. Paul & The Broken Bones - "I'm Torn Up"

39. Milosh - "Right Never Comes"

40. P. Reign f/ Drake - "DnF"

No comments: