Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tastes like being poor and small and popsicles in the summer

I am working harder and happier than I ever have. I think I'm still a year away from producing something really good, but every day I wake up excited to try, to push toward some eventual good piece. I've been thinking a lot about the pieces that inform who I am as a journalist. I'll never produce anything as good as these, but they are what I'm aiming to make. That is, they tell the story I want to tell in the ways I wish I could.

Jay-z - "99 Problems"

Matt Eich - Sin and Salvation in Baptist Town
Neko Case - "Red Bells"
Katherine Boo - The Marriage Cure
Walt Harrington - A Narrow World Made Wide
Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Bombay Beach
50 Cent - Hate it Or Love It
Radio Diaries - Claressa Shields
Natasha Tretheway - Native Guard

No comments: