Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lose my page in the book then the plot then I swear

I've never played sports. I spent my childhood in libraries or begging my mom to write me another note to excuse me from PE. The older I get, the more physical I become. I really loved having a personal trainer last year. That gave me a new physical bravery, a feeling that I could try almost anything. So this summer I did something totally out-of-character for me. I joined a softball team. More than one person has laughed when I announced my new past time. But I can still be anyone.

We played our first game -- on an increasingly muddy, rainy field -- Saturday. I struck out once, made it to first base once and hit a few other RBIs (unfortunately, the ball beat me to first). Today, I can barely move. I feel proud of myself.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled At bat

1 comment:

amanda allen said...

You never cease to amaze me little Casey Parks!